Lizards are common pests in houses, factories & building,. There are several different types of lizards that are naturally occur in and around houses, building, factories. They may be a pest according to season or geographical regions. Lizards are pest simply by their presence indoors. They do not live or infest indoor areas but come from surrounding while most people do not like lizards or are frightened by their presence on interior walls and counters. These animals are not harmful. They will not bite people or pests.
Lizards are inactive primarily during day and night. They move indoors during the early evening or early morning in search of insects that are attracted to lights. Lizards feed primarily on insects and spiders. They especially prefer ants. They are solitary animal but they may occur in large nos. where there is an abundant vegetation & moist conditions. Matting occurs in the spring & eggs are laid. Soon after the eggs are hatched in summer young lizards take about 2 years to become adult. The young ones are recognized by their small sign of short tail.
Lizards are a nuisance as their dropping stain pictures, walls & ceiling. A house lizard is also called a gecko. It is a secretive creature that feeds on insects. It belongs to a particular non-speckled species that is able to change its body color to either black or beige depending on the color of the surface they are on. It will change to a black color when the background is dark or switch to beige when its background is a lighter color.One of the most obvious lizard facts is that lizards are the most common reptile . In most cases we can even find one or two living in our own house. Most lizards live on the ground or in trees, while other species might be found in deserts, rain-forests, rivers, streams, or even in subterranean burrows.
The lizards even though do not cause much harm to human health, it may cause nuisances through crawling into the food stuff and contaminate it. It can be harmful if its droppings fall on our food stuff and hence it can be controlled by our best pest control methods. Being insectivorous, lizards feed on insects, which get attracted towards the light. We carry out this treatment during dis infestations and hunt for the lizards, which are generally hiding behind dark & undisturbed areas.
The Lizard control measures comprises of using a special formulation (Synthetic Pyrethroids) having contact action, which subsequently proves fatal. The treatment needs to be carried out in late hours when they become active and come out of their hideouts in search of flying moths .Some of the target places for lizard control treatment are cracks and crevices in the structure, voids in the masonry, dark and damp places around flower pots, around the electrical conduits etc.
The treatment will kill off unwanted insects which serve as food and the treatment will also irritate lizards so they won’t live in treated areas.
- Should a lizard enter your home, there are several ways to capture and release it outdoors. None of the methods is simple, so once the lizard is relocated outdoors, make sure it can’t re-enter the home. We will come to other Total Pest Control Services method but yet we strongly recommend to rely more on prevention.
- For the adventurous way Total Pest Control Services , there is a method known as “noosing.” Noosing involves slipping a noose over the lizard’s head and gently tightening the noose to secure the lizard, which can then be safely carried outdoors and set free. This method requires a degree of skill because the noose must be slowly lowered over the lizard’s head without touching it and then quickly tightened by pulling upward and slightly backward before the lizard runs through the noose and escapes. Nooses can be made out of relatively stiff materials like dental floss or fish line. If using dental floss, it should be at least 3 feet long. The same with fish line — or a slender fishing pole can be used to hold and steady the line.
- Another way to trap a lizard is to carefully put a small box over it. With the lizard in the box, gently slip a piece of cardboard under the box to cover the opening. Pick the entire unit up and take it outside.
- To prevent lizards from entering the home, seal all openings 1/4 inch and larger. Check areas such as corners of doors and windows, around water pipes, electrical service entrances, ventilation screens, water pipes, etc. Tight-fitting door seals, with no gaps at the edges, are important prevention measures. Unlike rats and mice, lizards cannot gnaw through wood and other common building materials. A number of materials can be used to seal access points, including insulating foam, caulking, flashing, and steel wool.
- Good sanitation can be helpful in Total Pest Control Services in reducing the number of lizards around a home, although it alone will not eliminate their presence. Off-the-ground storage of lumber, crates, boxes, sacks, gardening equipment, and other household items will make an area less suitable for lizards by reducing their hiding spots.
- Lizards enter your home due to food sources and warm conditions.
- If they are alerted in any way or they feel footsteps, they run away and hide.
- They are nocturnal make a squeaking noise, They walk around walls and windows at night ago to areas which are well lit and look for bugs to eat near the light sources like tube lights, bulbs etc. They are not enemies. They are friends.
- Brown lizards are good for your garden. They eat cockroaches and other bugs that harm plants. They even eat eggs and prevent their propogation.
- They are helpful in the fact that they eat insects.
- They will not damage your property, so don’t kill them. When they are scared their stomach turns the color of rust.
- Some lizards bleed from their eyes when they get scared.
- Lizards love drinking water, when you are watering plants you will be able to notice lizards happily lapping up the water with their tongues.
- Close cracks in doors and windows and prevent them from coming in.
- Lock windows with metal locks and meshes.
- Do not leave any holes or openings in the house and seal the house from lizards.
- To get rid of lizards it is necessary to get rid of the insects. If you cut off their food supply they will stop coming.
- Sticky tapes are effective agains lizards once their food sources have been deprived, sticky traps will easily catch lizards.
- There are some powders and repellants that are non toxic in nature and drive away lizards without causing them any harm.
- Bugs, mice, pests, cockroach, larvae, caterpillar, tortoise, spider or lizards scare most people regardless of whether they cause harm or not and do not wish to see them in their homes.